About Co.spire Consulting
Adaptive strategies for complex challenges
I bring 20 years of experience as a network leader, community development practitioner and place-based grantmaker to my work.
I am passionate about helping philanthropic foundations and nonprofits to affect change on a greater scale – to become systems changemakers..
For changemakers, this involves:
- Thinking in systems to better understand the change that they want to make;
- Leveraging the power of cross-sector partnerships;
- Joining with others to form networks and to align their efforts;
- Developing the capacity to learn and to adapt in real time, and integrating evaluative thinking throughout the planning and action cycle.
Collaborative and cross-sector approaches to changemaking are part of my DNA, and I believe that most social sector organizations can only achieve their ends if they tap into the power and the knowledge of the many.
I bring this ethic into my evaluation work as well. As I see it, evaluation needs to be relevant and useful, serving client organizations’ real-time learning and decision-making needs. In order for this to happen, evaluation needs to be owned by its end users all the way through the process.
I work with clients to:
- design evaluations that meet their real-time learning and decision-making needs;
- bring clients and stakeholders on board to capture and make sense of relevant information;
- facilitate sensemaking and decision-making, ensuring input from all relevant voices.